Friday, November 19, 2010

For those of you far away....

Several friends have asked for Belly Shots. At first I found this idea a bit frightening.....appalling even. What? Expose my weird body to the world? Well, wake up, Melissa. Welcome to the digital age. Don't I know that we live in a culture of images? Of fascination with bodies? All my years of trying to be a radical feminist have left me boxed in to certain ideas about how our society OUGHT to relate to a woman's body. Well, here I am at 17 weeks and 1 day. Not much time to write at the moment, but wanted to post a few Belly Shots for those of you far away who won't see me pregnant.




I think this is going to be fun.....stay tuned as I get more adept and courageous with the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Precious, Meliss! Peach is growing! She's lovely. So are you.

    ReplyDelete